Wednesday 18 February 2015

2014 Performance Figures for Abellio Greater Anglia

Anyone interested in the actual performance figures for the Abellio Greater Anglia region? I was and AGA wouldn't give them to me, but our friends at Network Rail would. The specific figures I asked for were the figures relating to delays. They have given them to me in four catergories; Fleet (i.e. Train Faults etc), Infrastructure (i.e. Faults with signals, power cables, tracks & points), Fatalities & Trespass and Bridge Strikes (i.e. vehicles hitting bridges).

FLEET:

INFRASTRUCTURE:

FATALITIES & TRESPASS INCIDENTS:

BRIDGE STRIKES:

These are the exact figures that Network Rail have given me, it has to be said, infrastructure failures have accounted for more minutes of delays than other categories with more than 400,000 minutes across the year, which is down to Network Rail themselves. However with over 200,000 minutes of delays caused by train faults, is quite unacceptable.

Network Rail and the DfT are investing money into the Great Eastern Main Line the infrastructure to improve it's reliability. This is happening, while Abellio are sitting on their laurels and doing nothing to improve the reliability of their trains. We know they won't invest in new trains, as the current franchise runs only lasts for 2 years, which itself was a 2 year extension on the previous franchise, but they could at least try to maintain and improve their current ageing fleet.

YEAR AT A GLANCE:

YEAR IN FULL GLORIOUS DETAIL:

I've included percentages in the last two tables, to help illustrate how bad or good each category is in comparison to the others.

Hope it's been a good read for you, and lets hope (although I'm not going to hold my breathe) 2015 is a better year.

Dan ( @RealDC80 )

3 comments:

  1. Do we have any year on year data to get a trend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya JWG100, I don't have that information currently, although I have just e-mailed Network Rail to get the same information for 2011 to 2013 and I will publish them on my blog alongside this information if I receive it.

    ReplyDelete