Monday 8 December 2014

Call me mad... On my travels to and from London on Tuesday 9th December.

On Tuesday 9th December, I'm going to do something crazy. I'm going to London to meet Colin from Quiet Riots, but before you wonder, that's not even the crazy part. The crazy part is how I am going to get there and back.

As I do a lot of complaining about Abellio Greater Anglia (AGA), this blog and my Facebook group is devoted to the task, I thought I'd give two other train operators a go to see how they compare. The two in question are c2c and London Overground (LO). These two operators have a fairly good reputation, so I wanted to see what people are talking about and see if they really are as good as people say and see how much, if any, better they are compared to AGA. My journey, as always, will start at Shenfield, which is where I shall return.

Ordinarily, travelling from Shenfield to Liverpool Street would be a relatively 'simple' task of hopping on one AGA train, however, because I want to try c2c out, I'm going to go via Romford, Upminster, Fenchurch Street and Tower Hill. And yes, that does mean braving the twice hourly AGA trains on the Romford to Upminster branch line and having to walk from Fenchurch Street to Tower Hill before popping onto a Circle Line train to Liverpool Street. I told you I was mad!

After meeting Colin, I'm going to check out LO to see what they're like. The route I have chosen takes me from Liverpool Street to Stratford, either by Central Line or AGA, before getting on a LO train to Highbury and Islington, then boarding a Victoria Line train to Oxford Circus and from there, a Central Line train to either Liverpool Street or Stratford, before boarding an AGA train back to Shenfield.

I'm taking my digital camera to take photos and videos wherever I can, so we have some evidence, good or bad, to compare AGA to their counterparts.

I shall report back on Tuesday evening with my travel report blog and with the photos and/or videos I have taken of my travels. I'll also be checking in, via Swarm to the various stations and the check ins will get posted to my Twitter and Facebook accounts for those of you who follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment